I recently won the Brunch Book Challenge 2017, and a lot of my friends asked me how do I find time to read between all the household chores, office work, grocery shopping, watching movies and meeting friends! So check out my tricks to escape to a different universe!
- Read half an hour or more before bed or when you get up in the morning.
- Cut down on TV, computers and your smartphones (NO to all that scrolling).
- Read during your commute.
- Have a reading date with yourself. Come back home, take a nice long shower, play a soothing reading music, pour a glass of wine and grab a book!
- Read what you love. If you don’t like what you are reading and it’s not required, read something else. If you are enjoying a book, you are more likely to make time for it.
- Read when nature calls.
- Carry your book / e-reader at all times. You never know when you’ll get some extra time. If you’re reading a thick book (difficult to carry), keep a version on your e-reader or smartphone (each has those e-book apps), or read a thin book in parallel.
- Listen to an audiobook while cooking or jogging or gymming (Doesn’t work for me but you can always try!)
- Read during meal times, especially if you are eating alone! Because books are a great company!
Keep reading everyone!!